Development model of cultural sensitivity

 

Post 6




From the DMIS model, majority of South Koreans stand on defense stage, to which people perceive other cultures are threatening and inferior. It is fairly a Christian country, so strong ethnocentrism is rooted from historical origin. For myself as a South Korean, I personally believe that I belong to minimization stage at this point because I think cultural differences are superficial and people can share norms and values when they are willing to do so. I think I can move on to acceptance and adaptation stage if I become capable of digesting all other cultures without stereotyping. Oleksander from Ukraine, believes he is in the minimization stage, he knows that there always is a cultural difference and understands the concept, but not a strong eager to move on to any other stages and just happy with where he is right now.

 

Kommentare